Travelling Safe – going solo?
- Endeavour to arrive at your location during daylight hours.
- Check taxi fare with cab driver before getting into their cab.
- Look and act confident; dress in clothing appropriate to the environment — do not draw attention to yourself wearing expensive items and adorments.
- Carry photo copies of your passport, credit cards and other important documents; also make sure that your family have copies.
- Follow your instincts if something does not feel right.
- Stay in proximity of other people at all times – avoid isolation.
- Learn the word “NO” in any language
- Do not be afraid to yell loudly to attract attention if necessary